Savoring with Saba
Red, White & Blue Edition: Vanilla Mini Cakes with Buttercream Frosting & Fresh Fruit
First, I want to say Happy (early) Independence day! I LOVE celebrating July 4th. I'm surround by friends, family, and good food! And of course, FIREWORKS. Unfortunately, this year will be a little different due to quarantine and social distancing. But, we can still find ways to celebrate safely.
I also wanted to say I'm back on Youtube! I took a little hiatus, but I have returned with weekly videos. Thanks for your patience and understanding. What better way to mark my return than with a sweet treat?! I'm sharing vanilla mini cakes with buttercream frosting and fresh fruit. This is totally inspired by the American flag!
This recipe is so easy to make (great for my kitchen challenged Savorers) and we're using ingredients that aren't hard to find, including fresh fruit. I also tried new items like 4th and Heart's vanilla bean flavored ghee. I found this on Amazon...I had no idea they had flavored ghee. I wanted to use it to have that extra vanilla flavor- I loved it! If you don't have flavored ghee, the original flavor will work well, too. I recently purchased a mini cake pan from USA Pan and I finally tried it with this recipe. I'm obsessed with it. My mini cakes came out beautifully. If you don't have a mini cake pan, don't worry, you can use a muffin pan and fill the cavities half way.
This is a perfect way to celebrate July 4th and it's guilt-free! Have a great holiday and happy savoring!
1/2- 1 cup monk fruit sweetener
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
2 cups almond flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
Fresh fruit (I used strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, raspberries)
VANILLA BUTTERCREAM FROSTING
1 cup ghee softened (I used vanilla bean ghee)
2- 3 cups sugar-free powdered sweetener
2- 3 tbsp heavy cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 325F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk eggs with sugar free sweetener, oil and vanilla. It should not take more than 30 seconds-1 minute, all you want is to combine the ingredients together.
3. Whisk in almond flour and baking powder and whisk until evenly combined.
4. Grease your pan. Pour the vanilla cake batter into the pan's cavities. Bake for 25 minutes.
5. Cool for 5 minutes in the pan then release the cake on a cooling rack or plate. Note: the cakes will rise slightly. Gently press down on cake tops to flatten them.
Put the softened ghee and vanilla extract in a bowl and mix until smooth and fluffy.
Gradually add the sugar-free powdered sweetener, half a cup at a time. Mix until it forms a fluffy cream.
Add heavy cream and keep whisking for approximately 1 minute or until well incorporated.
Spread the frosting and top with the fresh fruit.
* Nutrition facts have been sourced as a courtesy. Carb count excludes sugar alcohols. Net carb count excludes both fiber and sugar alcohols, as these do not affect blood sugar in most people. I try to be accurate, but feel free to make your own calculations.
Total Carbs- 3.7g
Net Carbs- 3g
Note: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.