Savoring with Saba
Chocolate Covered Donuts Topped with Sprinkles & Shredded Coconut
I'm back with another donut recipe! The first donut recipe I shared was the "Sugar" & Cinnamon donut recipe. Click here to watch it on IGTV video. I got so much positive feedback from the first video, so I decided to share another recipe.
I absolutely LOVE donuts. And what better thing to break over the extended weekend than bake?! These are the perfect dessert but, are a great way to start the day. What makes this one of my favorite donut recipes, is chocti. 4th & Heart (maker of my favorite ghee), launched its own chocolate ghee spread. Move over nutella! Their spread is made from chocolate, date syrup, and grass-fed ghee. It pairs so well with the donut and other toppings. I'm loving this product. Click here to get your hands on a jar.
Wilton Non-Stick Donut Pan
1 cup blanched almond flour
1/4 cup sweetener
2 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp sea salt
1/4 cup ghee
1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
2 large eggs
1/2- 1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup Chocti
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Grease donut pan (very) well.
2. Put all dry ingredients into large mixing bowl and stir.
3. Put the remaining wet ingredients in the large bowl. Whisk the wet ingredients into the dry mixture.
4. Transfer batter evenly into donut cavities, filling about 3/4 of the way. Bake for 22- 28 minutes, until golden brown. Let donuts cool.
5. In a small bowl, melt the chocti.
6. When donuts are cooled, remove from mold. Press donuts tops into melted chocti. Top with sprinkles and shredded coconut.
Note: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.